View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrianna
Guild Master

re: World Quests and You

Welcome to World of Dailycraft, I mean your Legion post on what you will be doing for dailies in the near future. I am sure we all have a little bit of PTSD when it comes to the daily grind. Blizzard has given us many reasons to hate our daily chores on a regular basis. So, it is only natural that you might be wondering to yourself how Blizzard is going to tackle this never-ending grind for us in the next expansion.

Now that enough people have experienced the Legion invasions for the pre-launch, this will be a much easier explanation, as those quests are your introduction to your new daily structure. The first requirement for your endgame questing is that you reach 110, of course. Next, you will need to make sure that you have reached friendly with each of the factions. The entrance quest to unlock is called A World of Quests, which will be the key to unlocking the quests. Wowhead provides a great write up, so I am going to limit this article to my opinion on what was most helpful when I started.

So you have reached friendly (and received your awesome, most handy thing ever), not a super amazing feat as you did it literally while questing and not paying attention, you are rewarded with more work. Luckily for us, we have options this time around. Let's take a look at what your map will look like once you have completed your reputation requirement and unlocked your quests:

On your map, in each specific zone, you will see things like the above. There are some handy features to help you sort and look for quests in each of the maps. One of the more frustrating things for me when I first started out was trying to select a flight master next to the quests that I wanted to do. I finally got around to deciding on a quest and then finding the flight master at that time so that I just knew where I was going. Blizzard has implemented a handy tool that lets you zoom in on a portion of the map so that you can see a little more detail on an area without having to be in another screen. Looking at the flight paths at the flight master, just zoom in on a particular flight path to see the quests nearby. This would have been a handy tool to know right off.

Another question I had was how do I choose and where do I start. One of the other things that will unlock is something called Emissary Quests. When you open up the zone map, on the lower left corner you will have your Emissary Quests displayed. For you HoTs players and the like, these work just the same as the daily quests in these games. You will receive one a day and can accumulate up to three. If you have three still there, you will not receive any more until you complete at least one and free up a slot to receive another Emissary Quest. An Emissary Quest can be easily explained as a quartermaster decided it wanted some work done so they said hey, go do our factions world quests and I will give you cool stuff. This is the point you go, ok Faction X Emissary, I will do 4 of your quests because I like to get loots.

Now, for deciding what quests to do other than a generic do 4 of that faction's quests, hover over the symbol on your map. This will give you a brief synopsis of what the quest requires and it's rewards. Not too hard. Just take a look at what the quests give and decide if you want to do them! Some things to remember:

• You can complete quests that are not towards an emissary that day.
  • Completing quests that are not towards an emissary will still reward you will the listed reward.
  • You can complete every quest on the map in one day if you liked, but will not regenerate quests quick enough to complete some of the emissary quests everyday.
  • Quest rewards for world quests are based on your character. Example: Gear rewards are based on your current IL. The higher your item level, the better the reward.
  • I never received the same Emissary twice in a row, although I cannot confirm if this is intentional or just my RnG.
  • Completing Emissary Quests is how you grind reputation. These are your new dailies.
  • You are not required to do all the quests available. If you are not a PvPer, don't do the PvP quests. If you really like pet battles and they are easier than the other quests, do those!
  • Purple quests on the map with a dragon around them are world bosses. Do these, their gear is worth in the beginning!

The best advice I will be able to give is decide what four quests you want to do towards your Emissary. After completing that, take a look at the available quests and decide if there are any rewards that you want. Nightfallen quests are more sporadic and you will want to make sure that you have a couple on your map before you get the Nightfallen Emissary so that you can complete it. Sure you have a couple days to complete it, but Nightfallen is your end game reputation. Not one I would recommend sitting on. But back to rewards, there will be plenty of quests that offer artifact power, some quests that give gold or resources, some gear and relic quests, and some that will give you crafting resources. You get to decide. It is very nice to complete different quests, whether I'm in a dungeon or just skinning a mob.

There are a few special things to consider for world quests, no matter how you decide to tackle them:

• You must complete world quests to obtain a portion of your flying achieve for the expansion.
  • Kirin Tor are different world quests. Please take note of these when they are up. Kirin Tor chests have a small chance to reward a mount.
  • These chest also have a small chance for Legendaries! Legendaries are a much more complicated post and I have not been able to confirm much of the information myself. Please check out the continuously evolving post on wowhead for more informaiton. I linked it above!
  • Kirin Tor will give reputation for the original Kirin Tor reputation. There is no new reputation associated with this emissary.

That's about it for the wonderful world of world quests. If you have specific questions, I highly recommend posting them below. Again, I tried to filter information that would have been super helpful to me when I started the quests, as Wowhead already covers almost everything about them!

As always pandas, stay awesome. Legion hype inc!

Nice article, thank you for the information!  Now I have to read it a couple (many) of times to get it to stick in my head!

I actually really enjoy the World Quest system more than any other daily system they have implemented.  Now, after a few months of doing them they may get mundane, but they feel pretty good now.

Leahniant
Recruit

This was super helpful! Thank you :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pandamonium Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: