View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atrianna
Guild Master

re: The Halls Of Valor

Good morning Pandas and welcome to another week. It's been awhile since I updated the news and I have to get my Trials of Valor homework done, so I thought why not, let's combine the two. Before I dive into it, I wanted to throw a few things out there.

First, a big congrats as the raid team works through mythic Emerald Nightmare! Keep up the great work guys! You dropped those dragons pretty fast! We have some screen shots going up in the forums, but just to share the Ursoc one:

Don't mind the skeletons, we just decorated for Halloween!

Next up, the Wednesday run for the guild has graduated to Heroics! Great job this past week on your first week in there. 4/7, conquering a difficult spider boss for a "pug" group. Keep working on your gear everyone. I hate telling people no when they want to come. The great news is the normal runs were very successful. I hope that those who attended enjoyed the raid and got to experience it with your guild instead of crappy LFR!

Lastly, if you have a lot of Blood of Sargeras and want to help out, the guild is always looking for herbs! 20 bloods = 1 stack of herb (minus starlight rose). Thank you so much to those that have helped out so far. Special thank yous to Drankincup, Smoken, and Amaranthia for your large herb donations. A big special thank you to Celadorada for making sure the gbank is never wanting. And many thanks for those of you that have helped pitch in recently when the call for help when out.

Ok so let's talk Trials of Valor reaching our doorstep tomorrow! This raid is a 3 boss raid where we face Odyn once again, Helya's puppy Guarm, and Helya herself. I find that Odyn's fight will trigger those of us that already hate Halls of Valor. I was going to do a write up of the bosses, but thank goodness FatbossTV did raid testing of the instance! So now I can just point you guys to some videos so you can check them out as well. To get an idea of the fights, I always like Fatboss. They talk a lot, but they get some good angles and show them a few times so you can really see how a mechanic is going to happen. 

Odyn:

Guarm:

Helya:

Just remember that these are on the PTR and were tested just before Emerald Nightmare went live. Sadly, Fatboss didn't get to phase 3 on Helya, so that wasn't in their video, but let's be honest here, that's pretty promising that the boss will have a nice difficult level. It's nice to smash a boss here and there, but it's also nice for a challenge. If you like the raiding atmosphere, I recommend doing some homework and working on your character!

I do want to stress that although I love running things with the guild and want all to come, it is not acceptable to not do your own share. That's not how raids work. This is not LFR. I was disappointed that this seems to happen each week with players that are unaware of the mechanics, not listening to instructions, or just not there during the fight. We all can't be ninja like Hiyun. This is a raid setting with a raid leader and a team of people from the guild. If you can't do what is required (which is quite lenient for this run in particular), I recommend checking out the raid in LFR.

Well Pandas, that wraps up a small summary from me on the new raid Tuesday and some special thank yous. I hope that you all have a wonderful week and I look forward to slaying some more dragons with you! As always, stay awesome.

Jump to: